GoldenEye Antibiotic Ointment is a treatment for bacterial conjunctivitis. It contains the active ingredient chloramphenicol, an antibiotic which eliminates the bacteria causing the infection. Symptoms such as redness, itching and discharge can be relieved within just 5 days of using the ointment, which should be applied 1cm to the lower eyelid of each eye. It is not to be used with contact lenses or other eye drops/treatments. If you have glaucoma or dry eye syndrome or you have had eye surgery/laser eye surgery within the past 6 months you should also not use this treatment. If you are experiencing any of the following do not use and please consult with a doctor or pharmacist:
- Your vision has changed (e.g. loss of sight, blurred/reduced vision).
- You have a rash on the scalp or face.
- Your eye looks cloudy.
- Your eyes are sensitive to light.
- Your eye is inflamed.
- There is pain in the eye or is injured.
- You have recently had an eye infection.
This product is a medicine—make sure to speak to your doctor or PillSorted pharmacist before taking/using this product if you:
- have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy.
- are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- suffer from allergies.
If your symptoms continue or get worse after taking this product, speak to your doctor. For medical services in your area, please refer to https://www.nhs.uk
- Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton.
- Read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.